Monday, August 4, 2008

Who said harvest is hard work?

I didn't have a chance to post these photos during harvest, but I wanted to share these because they tell an important part of harvest. For those of you who are harvest 'rookies' or city people, harvest is usually the busiest time of the year because so many chores need to be done at the same time. Not only are farmers busy harvesting wheat, they are also planting milo and silage feed, swathing and baling hay, and ton of other minor chores. AND, for those who also have cattle, there is daily feeding. It would take a long time to list all of the chores and tasks to be completed. My point is that Kevin, Matt, and Joey had very little time for sleep. I took these photos right after lunch on a rain delay during harvest. Each one of the boys (they are still boys to me) took a few minutes of sleep before heading back to work. They really were all sleeping at the same time.

Kevin

Matt

Joey

No comments: