Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bone and CT scan - Friends, it is all good

I had my yearly bone and ct scans last week and the results were very good - no evidence of metastasis. Yes baby. I had the scans on October 21 and had to wait a week to visit with Dr Sharma about the results. Needless to say, it was an anxiety filled couple of weeks for me. I didn't sleep too well and was easily distracted last week. It is so easy to 'make a mountain out of a mole hill' when waiting on the test results. I definitely felt ok recently, but I felt ok when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer in May of 2007. Anyway, I did a great deal of thinking about what I would do if the cancer came back. I am not referring to treatment or anything like that, I would definitely start treatment and try to beat this thing. The idea that kept surfacing is that I would share more of my thoughts on this blog, with friends and family, and just whoever was around to listen. Why is it that when I thought about my life being threatened or shortened, that I thought that I had something of value to share with others? Or why is that I would have been motivated to be more forthright about how I see life?

I thought of so many topics I would discuss on this blog if cancer was returning. Now, I am thinking about NOT discussing those topics because cancer did not return to my life. Crazy, isn't it?

Ok friends, enjoy your day and be great for someone who needs you.

Mary Kay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!