Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Alicia's Wedding

Congratulations to my niece Alicia Siefers on her marriage to DJ Basgall on Saturday, May 14, in Las Vegas. Her sister Rebecca sent me a few photos from the event and I wanted to share them with you. Last weekend was a roller coaster of emotions for our family. On Friday, we buried my Dad in Dorrance; and on Saturday, Dad's grand daughter, Alicia, got married in Las Vegas. Life is like that. As Forrest Gump said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, You never know what you are going to get." I know that I was thinking of Alicia and her wedding last weekend; I am pretty sure she was thinking of us in Dorrance, too. Even though Bill and his family could not be at Dad's funeral, I know Dad was very, very proud of Alicia and that he would want Bill to be with her to celebrate her wedding. Maybe the timing has something to do with the circle of life - a time for something to end and a time for something to begin. I can tell you one thing for sure, seeing these photos of Alicia's wedding brought a big slice of joy to my day.


Alicia and DJ and their first kiss - well ok, so maybe it is not their first kiss - but it is their first kiss above the city of Las Vegas.

The first dance

Alicia and DJ (you can also see Bill, Julie and Adam). That must have been one big limo.

Bill and daughter Alicia

Proud dad Bill and his children Alicia, Rebecca and Adam

Adam, Alicia, DJ, Rebecca, Brett, Bill and Julie - This is a fine looking family.

My brother Bill and his daughters Alicia and Rebecca

The newly weds - Alicia and DJ

Bill and his wife Julie

Rebecca and boyfriend Brett - will there be another wedding?

Bill and his son Adam

Adam and Brett

Rebecca and Brett

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride! Congratulations Alicia and DJ! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I am so glad your family could be there with you. May you have many wonderful years together!

Love,
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

What a cute couple! I couldn't say it much better than Aunt Susan. I too wish you lots of happy years! I think Rebecca would make a beautiful bride as well!!!! Love Aunt Debbie

mackyton said...

The couple looks very much in love. I’m missing my wife looking at these pictures. She works abroad and we haven’t seen each other much lately. Hopefully we will get to spend some quality time next month when we will be attending her childhood friend’s wedding at Seattle Wedding venues next month.