Saturday, May 16, 2009

K-State Graduates and their fans

Dana graduated with a master's in college student personnel. She served as a graduate practicum assistant in my class this semester. Dana is getting married in late July. You will soon see photos of Dana's wedding shower.

Mary earned her doctorate this semester. Bob Shoop served as her major professor. Mary is the director of the School of Leadership Studies and she is my boss. Please family be very nice to her so I can keep my job.

Sue Pray and I surrounded two of our (School of Leadership Studies) graduates Angela and Rickey. They actually graduated in 2006, but they came back to celebrate with a few friends who graduated this year. Ok, so Angela and Rickey have a great story related to Leadership Studies. Angela worked in our office as a student intern when Nancy and Candi traveled to Cuernavaca, Mexico to identify locations for a student exchange program. They met Rickey there, who just happened to be studying in Cuernavaca on a study abroad program from K-State. Nancy and Candi were impressed with Rickey - to make a long story short, Rickey was hired as a student intern at Leadership Studies. The rest is history, they met, they fell in love, they got married. Rickey told me shortly after he met Angela that he was going to marry her - I didn't believe him at the time. But, I told Rickey today, that I will never doubt him again. They are living in Wichita, working hard, and they just bought their first home.

Careem is going to do great things - I predict he will be president of Cargill, a university, or the US. He is that good. I met Careem when he was a freshman and we instantly connected. Careem won about every award you can win at K-State and he even gave the student commencement address at the College of Business graduation. Careem has a job as an accountant with Cargill in Wichita.

I know you recognize my friend, neighbor, and colleague Candi. Another former Leadership Studies student came back for graduation - Vy Bui. She works in Atlanta for a consulting firm.

Last, but not least, Brandon. He and I have worked on many projects at K-State during the past 5-6 years. Brandon works at the Alumni Center and advises Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity.

1 comment:

Blog said...

Beautiful pics MK!