Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thinking of my Dad on Father's Day

Dad loved fishing for catfish on the river. He cleaned them on the picnic table in our backyard. He always wore a cap and usually had his shirt unbuttoned. I am sure Dad was having a great day when this photo was taken.

Siefers family photo: Dad, Mom, Susan, Bill, Debbie and me. I think this photo was taken about 1974 or 1975.

Dad holding Bill with Susan and Debbie in the back. Taken in 1955.

This is a classic pose for my Dad. He smiled most of the time and was always making others feel good with his humor and compliments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning when we went to church I noticed that the river was up and thought that Dad sure would have liked to be fishing today. On the way home from church I thought that was exactly what he was doing today and loving it. Debbie

Anonymous said...

MK--
I was touched by your photos of your dad on Father's Day. I know he is enjoying his fishing every day in heaven!
LOOOOVED the family photo--is that really you??? Those glasses are classic!
Missing you,
Candi