Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spontaneous gathering for sister Debbie's birthday

Nancy and I surprised my sister Debbie by stopping by her farm for a birthday visit on Saturday morning on our way to Dorrance. It just so happened that Debbie's two granddaughters, Natalie and Emily, were there for a visit at the same time. How lucky is that? Anyway, we stayed long enough to get a free meal out of the visit as well as spending time with my two great nieces. Yes, Debbie did have to cook lunch on her birthday. Some things never change.

I even got a smile out of little Emily.

Natalie and I were playing games. I think she was trying to keep me away from her cheetos.

Sweet Natalie

More Sweet Natalie

Natalie's dad John

Behind bars - Natalie really wasn't in jail. She was just making faces at me through the railing and bars on the the stairs.

Are you seeing the theme here? That's right, more of sweet Natalie.

I love this side view of Natalie, I especially like her cow plate. She was eating a hamburger, you can see the ketchup on the plate.

Natalie gave her Grandma Debbie a kiss.

How sweet, more love between birthday girl Debbie and her granddaughter Natalie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Debbie for the great lunch! It was great to spent time with you. I like your new quilt projects. Happy Birthday! Nancy

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT DEBBIE!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Debbie! Hope you have a great birthday weekend!

Love, Susan

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

Hope you had a great day.

Jody said...

I'm bummed I missed out on the spontaneous gathering! Hope it was a great day and weekend!