Sunday, May 2, 2010

Billings, Wyoming

The twosome visited Custer's Last Stand on Sunday evening and then traveled to Billings, Montana, for the night. They plan to visit Devil's Tower, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Deadwood on Monday. They've now been gone 15 days, but who is counting.

By the way, one of my fondest memories of Grandpa and Grandma Kaufman was looking through memorabilia from their trip to the Crazy Horse monument. They must have taken the trip in the early 1960's, but I am not exactly sure about that. I can remember looking at the postcards or catalogs of the Crazy Horse monument and thinking that was the greatest thing in the world. It is something that captured my attention and amazement at the time. Grandma and Grandpa talked about Crazy Horse and it always mesmerized me.
One more thing, whenever I think of Grandma and Grandpa Kaufman, I immediately go to the fact that Debbie was their favorite. It's true. She was spoiled by them. They gave Debbie whatever she wanted, especially Grandma. But, the good news is that I'm over that and not bitter about it anymore. I have let it go. That's it, I won't mention their favoritism for Debbie anymore. No, that is in the past. Let bygones, be bygones.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh my, how I wish I could see them just one more time! Every time I am in my garden I think about Grandma Kaufman....about picking lettuce, green beans and oh they were so good! I am sure Grandma would disagree with you about who was her fav!!! She was a wonderful Grandma!