Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miscellaneous photos from the last couple of weeks

Avery has pink shoes just like her great aunt Mary Kay

I visited Natalie and Emily on Saturday and could not get Natalie to look at me for a photo. 
Ok, so there is a little more to the story than just a visit with Natalie and Emily. My main motivation was that I needed my dear sister Debbie's assistance in preparing a meal. Nancy and I agreed to host the 'main' course of a progressive dinner at our house and I knew that we needed Debbie's help in doing that.  One more detail, the group sold 60 (that's right 60) tickets to the event.  I can't cook. Nancy doesn't cook. What in the world were we thinking?  Let's just say that when you find yourself in that type of predicament there is no one better than Debbie to help bail you out.  As usual, Debbie did just that. We went to Sam's and Dillons for groceries and then to Debbie's house to prepare the goods!  



Sweet, sweet Emily did smile for me. Enjoy the following photos of Emily.






 Susan and grand daughter Brooklyn.  The next few photos are from the time Nancy and I spent at Dorrance during Spring Break. 


Susan and grand daughter Hallie as they headed out on their Spring Break adventure - a train ride to see Jody and Leah in St. Louis.  Debbie, Anna and Natalie also went on the trip.

Brooklyn

Brooklyn and her daddy Matt


Brooklyn and her mom Lori

Matt

Brooklyn and Nancy

Brooklyn

Matt, shouldn't you be doing your taxes or something?

There is nothing better than falling asleep on the couch with your dad. Garrett fell asleep with one leg propped on top of the couch and Sam just fell asleep in his dad's arms.

My colleagues and friends, Irma and Candi, walked the survivors lap with me at the K-State Relay for Life on Friday night.

More friends (and colleagues from work) joined Irma, Candi and me at the Relay for Life at Memorial Stadium.  Mary and Sharon stopped by to show their support for the cause.

And then - we danced.

Candi and Mary found their dancing rhythm, but Sharon and her husband Ryan were ok just watching.

No comments: