Friday, November 9, 2007

Shout out to Leadership Studies Ambassadors


Emily and Victoria waterproofed our glider and picnic table.


Todd lived up to his title as the group adviser as he supervised Brett.


Brett (yes, there were two Brett's who helped) gathered the limbs that our friends Jackie and Di had trimmed.


Lori and Ella painted our front steps.


I want to give a very special thank you to the Leadership Studies and Programs Ambassadors who helped us with yard work last weekend. They are a special group of K-Staters who gave of their time and talent on Sunday to make our yard look lots better.

Turn back the calendar to May - I was prepared for the Summer of Mary Kay. I had several projects -indoor and outdoor - that I was going to complete during the summer. STOP - I found the lump on May 11 and NOTHING happened to the projects after that. So, thanks again to the LSP Ambassadors who helped complete some of the projects that I had planned to do last summer.

Funny how life has a way of interrupting your best made plans. Even though I did not find success on my summer projects, I KNOW I found success on some important life lessons. I have written about it before, but one of the most important lessons was the value of loving. I have received so much love and support in my journey that it has been overwhelming at times. I thank all of you who have given and who continue to give love and inspiration to me to stay positive and to believe that I could survive cancer, chemo, and surgery.

Love to all,
Mary Kay

No comments: