Monday, December 31, 2007

It might be a great New Year's Day

The plan - the doctor discontinued one of my IV antibiotics (Vancomycin) this morning. IF my fever stays down for 24 hours, I can go home on Tuesday. I had more fluid drained from the infection site this morning. Hopefully, the drainage will slow enough that I won't have to have it done again.

Turn back the clock to Christmas morning. I was ready for a day of family, fun, and food (and presents), but that did not happen. I ended up in the hospital and have been here since then. The first three to four days are a blur to me. I can not remember much from them because I was battling the high fever and subsequent aches and pains. Because of that, it does not seem like I have been here for a week.

Happy New Year to all.
Mary Kay

No comments: