Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year from Manhattan

Yes, I am home and it feels GREAT! Nancy and I returned home this afternoon after we picked up Kramer and Pearl. Thanks Sharon for transporting the dogs to Salina so that we could go home with the whole family. Pearl is my sister Susan's dog, but she is spending a few days/weeks/ months/years with us. We'll see how things go with Pearl. She has lived her life on the farm, so I am not sure you can take the country out of the dog. She looks just like Kramer, well almost. Pearl is built like a wide receiver and Kramer is built like a fullback. You get the idea.

Susan, Nancy, and I celebrated the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008 last night in the hospital by playing poker. Now for those of you who know Susan and Nancy, you know that they did not risk too much even though it was play money. We had a great time even though we did not make it to midnight. Deb and Greg brought Natalie for a visit earlier in the evening so I had an entertaining hour while she was there. Natalie loves to talk on my cell phone so, of course, I let her do that. If you received a call from me last night, please know that it was probably Natalie.

Thanks to all for your care and support. I am hoping that 2008 will be a little less eventful for me than 2007. But, you never know what will happen. Debbie gave me a plate with the following saying: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Anyone want to dance?

Happy New Year,
Mary Kay

No comments: