Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to my sister Debbie Brenneman

Debbie is an absolutely wonderful sister and it is her birthday. So that means it is my chance to share with the world just how amazing Debbie really is. First of all, please know that I am not just writing this to get on Debbie’s quilt list. For all of you who have been on the list and have received a quilt from Debbie, you know what a good thing it is to be on ‘the list.’ I have had the good fortune of being on the list a few times – you should come to my house to see the works of art that Debbie has given to Nancy and me. In fact, my office is also loaded with art from Debbie. Now, I do refer to the quilts as works of art because that is what they are. Some are used as blankets, but lots of her quilts are displayed as art. AND, she puts lots of love and attention in selecting the appropriate quilt design and colors to make sure they ‘fit’ the purpose of the quilt and the personality of the receiver. When you get a quilt from Debbie, you know it is a gift of LOVE.

There are two events that automatically put you at the top of ‘the list’ - having a baby and getting married. If you don’t fit one of those two categories, you just hope you make Debbie’s list for other reasons!! I wonder if cancer will get someone on the list?

Ok, back to why Debbie is a wonderful sister and person. She always knows just how to make my day. I am guessing there are others who would say the same thing. Debbie knows just what you need and when you need it. Yes, she is generous, but it isn’t about buying things. It is about Debbie caring about others and doing things to make their lives better. There are no words to convey how much emotional, mental, and physical support she has provided to me, to Nancy, and to others during my journey with cancer. And I know it will not stop anytime soon because Debbie has given me that kind of support and love all of my life.

So today, Wednesday, February 20, my special ‘shout out’ goes to my sister Debbie. Happy Birthday to a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful sister!!

Birthday girl Debbie and her daughter Jody. Aren't they beautiful?

The three Siefers sisters - can you guess which one is the youngest?

This photo was taken as Deb explained the combination of gravity and aging on her body. Now you know why we had such big smiles on our faces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second everything that Mary Kay said about Debbie. She is a wonderful, kind, caring person. (I think that I should move to the top of the quilt list now.) I have been blessed with two remarkable sisters. God bless you both. Oh, yes, I have a pretty neat brother too.

Happy Birthday, Debbie! Have a great day!

Love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Those Siefers girls are something! I well remember that darling Debbie.....perhaps I have alluded to this before. She and her mother (and Susan and Bill) used to come to our house a lot in Russell. I have a baby about three or four months old. Debbie must have been about two years old. Whenever Debbie disappeared, she was in my son Bill's crib just staring at him. It was so darling and cute. She wasn't doing a thing wrong, just wanted to love the baby. Velma, do you remember that?




Anonymous

Jane