Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pink boots and a 12 pound shot put

Anna was so cute when she came to our house on Saturday dressed in her pink cowboy boots. She also has her hair in pig tails that stood straight up on her head. They don't show up clearly in this photo, but you can see them a little.

Yes, this is a 12 pound shot put. When I pulled the sheets back to get in bed on Saturday night, I found this ball of steel in my bed. Who would have done such a thing? Well, we had several visitors on Saturday - Susan, Joey, Kelly, Garrett, Anna, Sam, and Mechelle. Now I feel comfortable ruling out Garrett because he could never keep a secret like that. I am also ruling out Anna and Sam because they can't carry 12 pounds - Sam only weighs 16 pounds. So, that leaves Susan, Joey, Kelly, and Mechelle as suspects. Susan and Mechelle just wouldn't do it - they are much too nice to place a deadly weapon in my bed. So, my money is on Joey and Kelly as the guilty perpetrators of this crime!! Oops, I just remembered Kevin and Sharon were at our house on Saturday morning. They could be the guilty ones. Kevin was just returning from a business trip, so I am not sure he could make it through airline security with something that looked like a cannon ball. And Sharon? Well, she depends on us for lodging each week, so I don't think she would do anything to make us less than happy. My bet is still on Joey and Kelly!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joey and Kelly seem way too nice to do such a thing. I think there must have been a mystery perpetrator at your house on Saturday or maybe Pearl or Kramer brought it in from out in the yard. I'm pretty sure I saw you practicing your shot put throwing form out in the yard last week.

Anonymous said...

I am betting on Joey and Kelly.

Mary Kay said...

That first comment sounds as if it came from the perpetrators of the 'shot put' crime! Joey and Kelly are trying to cover their tracks. They have been busted for yet another example of devious behavior...

Anonymous said...

I think I have been wrongly accused of a horrible crime!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

My money is on Joey.....was Matt(the short sheeter) in the area!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it isn't a shot put. It looks like a cannon ball to me. Have you checked your roof. By the way the short-sheeter was not around!

Anonymous said...

I want to know if the short sheeter has an alibi, other than his wife (she might be an accomplice).

Anonymous said...

You can clearly see from the photo that those sheets are not short-sheeted!!!!!!!!!!