Saturday, June 14, 2008

Great time at Nancy's retirement party


We had a great time with Nancy's retirement party on Friday night. Lots of Nancy's friends and colleagues came to tell her how jealous they were of her. I think many of them would like to retire, too. I want to give a special shout out to Heather for co-hosting the party with me. And I want to thank Nancy's sisters, Jane and Barbara, for helping. Unfortunately, Jane had to return home to Lincoln, Nebraska, before the party started because of flooding issues in a storage unit that housed their parents and grandparents' keepsakes. They lost many treasured items to the flood waters. I also want to thank my sisters, Debbie and Susan, for assisting as well. Susan brought kolaches - they were the hit of the party. In fact, several of our guests took some home for their family members. I am wondering how many kolaches actually made it home. I am betting that several were eaten on the way home!

Heather, the co-host, and Nancy. Several people wanted to say a few words about Nancy. Can you believe that they all said nice things?

Nancy and Candi

Nancy and Andrea

There were lots of hugs for Nancy. This one is from Susan Scott.

Nancy's sister Barbara gave us a little 'family' scoop. Barbara stayed until the very end to help with clean-up duties. If anyone needs a massage or energy work, I highly recommend Barbara - she works at Body First in Manhattan. I know I have said it before, but Barbara was an important part of my treatment plan.

We toasted Nancy at the end of the event.

I introduced my 'older' sisters, Susan and Debbie - based on their facial expressions, I am not sure they appreciated that introduction.

More kind words from Nancy's colleague and friend Kathy.

Former Russell countian Todd Wells was a magnet for all of the children at the party. John was tickled by Todd's humor.

Jami, Frances, Kathy, and Nancy worked at Big Lakes Development Center. They have remained friends since the late 1970's.

Susan, Lynda and Debbie

Kerri, Diane, and Nicki enjoyed a little time around the snack table.

Rita, Candi and Lynda

Susan, Kay, and Susan. Yes, we did have three Susan's at the party.

No comments: