Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sister Spa in Hays

Lovely, lovely day at the Rockhaven Spa in Hays for the Siefers sisters plus one (that would be Nancy) We started our three hour spa treatment with a glass of champagne. The spa package (champagne, snacks, hot tub, steam bath, facial and massage) was a gift from Susan's and Debbie's kids last Christmas. We tried to use it in January, but we had a fender bender on the way and had to reschedule.

Well, we did stop at the quilt store in Hays on the way to the spa. In case you didn't know, my sister Debbie is the world's best quilter. Whenever there is a quilt shop in the area, she just has to stop for a fat quarter. For you non-quilters, a fat quarter is a quilting term. I just love saying fat quarter.

The rest of the story - I have commissioned my sister Debbie to make a piece for my office in the new Leadership Studies building at K-State. Susan and Debbie are deep in thought about the fabrics I selected for the commissioned artwork. We don't know exactly how it will look, but Debbie and I are working together on the vision. Debbie hopes to have it completed by the dedication date on April 16. If you attend the dedication ceremonies, I invite you to see the special 'dedication' of the quilted piece in my office.

As you can tell by Susan's expression, the champagne was well received by us. The specific package we had was called the anti-stress package. Champagne has a way of taking the stress from the moment.

The spa is in an old stone building that has lots of interesting art and architecture.

Sister Susan

Sweet Nancy

More of sister Susan

After the sign-in and first glass of champagne, we spent 20 minutes in the outdoor hot tub. Did I mention the interesting art?

She's getting relaxed.

After the hot tub and then a hot steam bath, we took a few minutes to prepare for the facial and massage.

I have no caption for this photo, I believe the champagne was starting to take effect.

No comments: