Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to the BEST MOM in the WORLD

We celebrated Mom's 83rd birthday Monday evening at the Scratch in Wilson. Can you tell that I decorated the cake? It may not have been professional looking, but it was an original.

How many kids can stick their fingers in the cake before a responsible adult intervenes? Who cares - the best part of the party is tasting the frosting before you get a piece of cake. It truly is one of life's pleasures.

Sam helped his great grandma blow out the candles.

Mom eats two meals a day at the Scratch. She splurged on her birthday and ordered a pancake and bacon instead of her usual oatmeal with bacon. The cook made the pancake in the shape of a V for Velma.

Matt is obviously trying to get Garrett to do something he shouldn't do.

Anna and Hallie

The birthday gang

More of the birthday gang

10 comments:

Jody said...

Happy Birthday to the best Grandma in the world! I hope to see you soon to celebrate!

Debbie said...

So Sorry I missed the celebration....I will be coming soon to celebrate the best Mom! Your favorite daughter Debbie!

Mary Kay said...

Friends, let me clarify one thing - I AM the favorite daughter. Just ask mom, she will tell you the truth.
Mary Kay

Anonymous said...

Hello all, this is Velma. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I wanted to clarify a painful truth for some who read this blog and I must be honest because I do not believe in lying. Mary Kay has always been my favorite child.
Mom

Anonymous said...

You are busted, Mary Kay. You know I have no favorites! However, you are the most spoiled!
Mom

Debbie said...

Oh my...does Mom know how to post? There certainly is NO doubt about that last post!!!!

Debbie said...

One more thing....do you take orders for cakes? I see a new career opportunity!

Anonymous said...

There isn't one of you sisters that is honest, I have always liked Bill the best.

Velma

Debbie said...

I would believe the last post!

Mary Kay said...

Me too.