Sunday, April 13, 2008

K-State's Relay for Life


The Leadership Studies and Programs' ambassadors (LSPA) participated in the K-State version of Relay for Life on Friday night. The event had to be moved from outside at Memorial Stadium to inside at Ahearn Fieldhouse because of the cold temperatures and high winds. The students were spelling the letters LSPA in this team photo. Thank you ambassadors for participating in this important event. You can 'click' on any photo to see a larger version.


My friend, and former Russell Countian, Todd Wells is the faculty adviser to the LSPA group. Todd is wearing his Team Mary Kay shirt that the ambassadors had made in December. The back of the shirt reads - Beat Cancer. Now you know why Leadership Studies and Programs is such a great place to work.


K-State students Brett and Eric posed with me and my luminary sack.


My friends, Candi and Bernard, are both cancer survivors and walked the survivor lap together.


Nancy has been with me for each and every step of this cancer journey - and she was there Friday night to support me.


We have had our share of cancer at Leadership Studies in the past few years. I documented the evening with a video camera - I hope to create a short video of the event after I get a little training in movie making.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Gee, those LSPA ambassadors sure do sound like wonderful people, have they always been this wonderful??? :)