Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Candi and a transition for Leadership Studies

Happy Birthday Candi!
We celebrated the Queen of Care (that would be Candi) at our retreat on Tuesday. Mary gave her a flower to honor her work on our holiday cards - Candi writes a message in Calligraphy on each card - hundreds of cards. Yes, she is that good.

Doesn't she look surprised?

We also celebrated the transition of 'directorship' at the School of Leadership Studies. Susan marked the moment by giving Mary a bracelet that has deep meaning for Susan. She has been our leader since the inception of the program in 1997. She is going to focus her energies on getting our new building completed and then redirect her energies to writing and researching. For those of you who know Susan, you understand how much she has given to us. Susan is one of my role models in life.
The placing of the ceremonial bracelet from Susan to Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Candi!

Candi Hironaka said...

Mary Kay is begin waaaay to kind--I actually select the holiday card and get the company to ENGRAVE our greeting--then I make sure EVERYONE signs EACH card, but I no longer do calligraphy on each holiday card--that I reserve for other cards that I send out individually from SLS. Thanks for giving me waaay too much credit. And thanks to Anonymous for your good wishes! :)