Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Dad enjoying great-grandchildren

Wow, what a joy it was for me to see my dad respond to the visit from Garrett, Anna, and Sam. He perked up when they walked in the room and wanted to hold each of them and touch them. Sam sat on his lap for several minutes and just looked into Dad's eyes. I think they connected at a level that we don't see much. Dad was as good for a few minutes on Sunday as he has been in a couple of months. When we were leaving, I grabbed Dad's hand and told him I loved him and that he was a great dad. He took my hand and kissed it. I will treasure that gift forever.

Sam studies the smile on the face of his great grandpa

My dad, Casey, with three of his great grand kids: Garrett, Anna and Sam

Dad, Sam and Susan

Dad took communion while we were visiting. Sometimes it is amazing how he can be so 'out of it' most of the time, but then he can be 'with it' for a few moments. After he took communion, he did the sign of the cross. It amazed us that he did that.

A hug from Sam

A hug from Anna

And a hug from Garrett

Nancy and Anna gave mom a foot massage

Anna in her pajamas

Sam in his 'prince charming' pajamas

Sam - I love his red shoes

No comments: