Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pink Zone and a Long Lost Friend

My long-lost friend Barb Lehning and I with our Pink Zone shirts at the K-State game on Sunday. Ok, so Barb hasn't actually been lost, she has been in Logan, Kansas, all along. It's just that I haven't seen too much of her since I left in 1988. Yes, I've been gone from Logan 20 years, but Barb and I both look just like we did in 1988 - as Barb said today, we both still look 28. Anyway, Barb is one of my favorite people in the world! Oh, her husband Mike isn't too bad either.

Now for the Pink Zone shirts. Many people - and the team - wore pink today as a fund raiser for the Kay Yow WBCA Cancer Fund. The shirts cost $10 and a portion went to the cause to fund cancer research efforts. It was inspiring to see so much pink at the game today. In fact, I did have a few emotional moments thinking about how so many people came together for the cause. The uniforms will be auctioned on the K-State webpage I will definitely place a bid and hope I get one of the jerseys. If I do get one, I am going to frame it and hang it in my office.

I took a few photos from my seat, yes we have decent seats. We have been season ticket holders since, well, since they started selling reserved seats. I think about 10 years or so. Notice that the wildcat players have the pink uniforms. In the background, you can see fans and cheerleaders in pink.

Kelsy Nelson shooting a free throw

Timeout - the coaches also wore pink

Cheerleaders wore pink, too

No pink in this photo. This was from Saturday when Nancy and I took our friend Frances out to lunch for Valentine's Day. Frances is like Nancy's second mom.

Definitely no pink here. The two best dogs in the world. I took this photo because I like the way Kramer has his head on Pearl.

No comments: