Monday, August 30, 2010

Too Much DQ

1.) So the person working the drive-through window at DQ made this comment to Nancy and me: "What, no Blizzard tonight?" We ordered ice cream cones instead of a Blizzard. That's bad when the drive-through worker wonders why you didn't order a blizzard. She recognized us. By the way, her name is Alyssa. Yes, we know the name of the DQ person..... Bad...

2.) Happy belated birthday to Nancy's sister Jane, also known as Cousin Eddie's wife Katherine. (That is an inside joke from the summer when Jane and Harvey drove the 1981 Winnebago to the farm. It reminded Joey and Matt of Cousin Eddie from the movie Vacation with Chevy Chase.) Jane's birthday was last Friday, August 27.

3.) Congratulations to Nancy's nephew Rob for winning his MMA fight in Lincoln, Nebraska, on Saturday. He now has one of those big, shiny champion's belt with his name engraved.

6 comments:

Jody said...

I'm pretty sure I'd have the same problem if there was a DQ in Gardner! Feel free to use me as an excuse if you need to, you can just tell yourself (and the DQ workers) that this Blizzard is for Jody and the baby!

Debbie said...

What size was the ice cream cone? There is a story about the size of the Blizzard that they order....just ask Mary Kay or Nancy about the Mini Blizzard!!!Just not a very good "value"!

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

blizzard smizzard.....i had Grandma Siefer's ice cream tonight. hahahahahah

Mary Kay said...

I am conceding victory to you Kelly, there really is NO topping my mom's home made ice cream. A little background here: Kelly sent me a text that she was eating my mom's home made ice cream. I sent her a camera photo of the DQ blizzard sign (when I was in line tonight). Thus, Kelly's previous post. If you haven't tried mom's ice cream, you haven't been living.

Kelly (Reilly) Thielen said...

believe it or not people, Grandma Siefers ice cream has (eeeeek) raw eggs in it. I have only been eating it for about 15 years, I won't say how long Mary Kay has been eating it (maybe I will--50 years) and we are still alive. It is OK to eat raw eggs but hers are usually farm fresh.
Did I mention I had another bowl tonight. mmmmmmmm

Jody said...

Rub it in Kelly, rub it in!