Thursday, October 18, 2007

Breast Health - Not Mine, Yours!

Ok, so now that I do NOT have breasts, I want to talk about YOUR breasts. Are you doing your monthly self breast exams? A lot of the women I have talked to who have/had breast cancer found it themselves. I found mine by accident as I was scratching under my arm and on my breast. I confess, I did not do monthly self breast exams, but I want YOU to do them!! There is a lot of literature on breast health and self exams. If you are reading this blog entry, I know you have the capability find resources if needed. My 'accidental' finding probably saved my life or at least extended my life by many, many years. Either way, I am happy to be cancer free - it sounds a lot better than saying I have breast cancer. Wow, I like that last sentence!! Anyway, I want you to think incorporating monthly self breast exams into your own routine. Men can get breast cancer, too, so guys this is something for you to think about as well.

I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my fifth grand niece/nephew! Kelly and Joey Thielen, the parents of Garrett and Anna, are expecting their third child any day now. Every time Joey has called me the last week, I think it is about the baby. Actually, I am finding that Joey is having a little fun by calling me several times just to get me excited. He knows when I see it is his number on caller ID that I will think it is to announce that he has a new baby. Very funny Joey!!

Love to all,
Mary Kay

No comments: