Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm sore, but at least I am home!


Nancy and I arrived home on Thursday at 2:00 pm and were welcomed by Barbara (Nancy's sister) and Kramer - the best dog in the world. I am sore in the chest area (big surprise) and underarm area, but other than that, I feel ok. I am still taking pain pills to stay ahead of the pain and they also help me sleep. The drainage tubes cause a little discomfort in the underarm area where they are attached and there is the whole issue of carrying them around with me. I have to make sure the tubes and drainage bulbs don't get caught on anything. So, they are a bit of a nuisance.

This will be a good weekend to relax because of all the TV sports - NASCAR, K-State football, Chiefs, and more NASCAR. I have been watching NASCAR practice today, yes, I am in it that much!! Hopefully, all my favorites will have a good weekend - go K-State, go Chiefs, and go Jeff Gordon/#24 Dupont Chevrolet!!

Love to all,
Mary Kay

5 comments:

Deb Feil said...

I knew that you'd be a Gordon fan when you learned to appreciate NASCAR - we were in KC last weekend until the rains got too much for us - all the excitement happened after we left. You are right, girlfriend - GO JEFF; GO KSU!

Anonymous said...

Well, the cats couldn't pull it off, hopefully Jeff will have a better weekend.

Anonymous said...

We hope to see you soon! We'll be in town next weekend. Mattie and River can't wait to see you, Nancy (and of course Kramer). They also think he's a pretty darn good dog.

Hang in there!!!

Ade
:)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, what a race! Way to go Jeff!!!




Jackie

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are back on your feet and smelling the roses. Jeff Gordon is my favorite (wonder why), he is also good at what he does. Can't say that about KC and KSU this weekend. Take care MK, and keep that positive attitude.

Gordon.