Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No more Drains!

Nancy and I drove to Kansas City on Tuesday afternoon to have my three drains removed. The drive was definitely worth it. Ruth, Dr Connor's nurse, removed the drains with such skill that there was no pain involved. I did not feel the 12 inches of drain tubing that ran from under my arm to my breast bone as she pulled them out of my body. The holes in my skin where the tubes exited my body will take a couple of days to close, but I already feel much better without the tubes. My next appointment is with my oncologist, Dr Sharma, on October 31. I am guessing that I will start the hormone therapy at that time.

Nancy wanted to take this photo as we were leaving the Cancer Center on Tuesday. She loves this glass artwork and asked me to pose in front of it. This piece was at the Cancer Center when it was located in the KU Med hospital, so Nancy appreciated it when they moved it to the new Westwood Cancer Center that is about a five minute drive from KU Med hospital.





Kelly, Sam, and Joey left the Manhattan hospital on Tuesday. I am sure Garrett and Anna (and Grandma Thielen, Great-Grandma Siefers, and Kevin and Sharon) are glad to have them home in Dorrance.

No comments: