Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just resting and healing - and watching replays of the Jeff Gordon win at Talladega

Recap - I had a bilateral mastectomy on October 2, preliminary pathology indicated no cancer in any nodes, still waiting on final pathology. My post-surgery appointment with Dr Conner was originally scheduled for today - Thursday, but we rescheduled it to Monday because my drainage rate is still too much to take the drains out. So, hopefully on Monday I will get rid of these nuisance tubes!! I had a couple of difficult days this week (Tuesday and Wednesday) due to an infection that made me feel as if I had taken two or three steps backward. I am feeling better today (Thursday) and the discomfort around the surgery area is much less than it has been. Truly, the drain incisions and tubes are the most uncomfortable part of this whole ordeal!

I was only one of three last weekend on my sports interests. The KC Chiefs and my beloved Wildcats lost last weekend, but the #24 Dupont Chevrolet driven by Jeff Gordon won at Talladega in an exciting move on the last lap. I have watched the replay twice this week. Hopefully, this will be the weekend for the Purple Pride!!




We are having our backyard rejuvenated with the building of a deck and patio area. I thought I would share a couple of photos to update you on the progress. Nancy and I hope to entertain you in the new area!! I have included photos from each end of the project. I can't wait for the hot tub!!

Love to all,
Mary Kay

1 comment:

Deb Feil said...

I see that "best dog in the world" is enjoying the deck already as well. Maybe the CATS will rebound on Saturday. Expect Jeff will continue his winning ways on the way to his Cup Victory! You're looking good Mary Kay, and I only wish I could be there to give you a big hug. Just remember that you are on your way now and these little set backs and discomforts can't stop you from kicking this thing right back. That nasty old cancer should have known better than to mess around with a tough old coot like you. LOVE YOU AND PRAY DAILY FOR YOUR CONTINUED RECOVERY! Hi and prayers for Nancy as well. :)