Monday, January 28, 2008

Surgeon says she NEVER wants to see me again!

Dr Connor said I am good to go AND hopefully she and I will not meet again. I am a big fan of Dr Connor, but she said my incision looks good, my pathology came back fine, there is no sign of infection, and there is no need to see her again. It really is good news because it means things are back on track for my recovery from chemo and surgery. Her assistant removed my stitches (yes, I had old-fashioned stitches after the second surgery) and my drain tube! She did recommend I see a plastic surgeon to remove my extra skin under my arms. At first, she said I should wait a month before plastic surgery, then she laughed and said I would probably need to wait much longer to let my body heal and to get my energy level back. I said I don't want anything to happen to my body for a year, but we will see what happens. I am feeling much better than I have in a long time - probably since early December. I still need to rest after a day of activity, but things are improving. My feet are bothering me again, but I am attributing that to the Femara drug. My next appointment is with Dr Sharma, my oncologist, in April. Because I was so sick when I saw her in early January, she really didn't make too many plans for me at that time. So, I am sure that she will have a plan for me when we meet in a couple of months.

That's about it for now. I have lots of thoughts running through my head that I want to share, but that will have to wait until I have a little more mental energy to make sense of them. I hope you are having a great day.

Love to all,
Mary Kay

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yes, Yes, Yes! I feel so much better since you are feeling so much better and I know Nancy is feeling better and Kramer and Pearl, too. And your mom and your dad and the rest of your family and your friends and the ladycats and even folks who have not been fortunate enough to meet you yet. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Not only is Mary Kay feeling better, but she is looking real good, too. I love her soft new head of hair, everyone should touch it - like the Asians who rub the Buddha for good luck. MK is our good luck!! Keep up the good healing, MK!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Kay: I am so happy you are doing better. Lots of prayers have been said for you. You will never know how much I enjoyed (?) your blogspot. I really felt as if I were there with you. Anyone who has read it will be grateful to you for your information and your wit.
The Godmother