Sunday, July 29, 2007

Photos of the Day - One photo is not enough!

We (Leadership Studies and Programs) had a going away luncheon for Mary Ray last Friday at Old Chicago. I felt well and certainly enjoyed the time out on the town! I took a few photos, so I thought I would share them with you so that you can see a few of my colleagues. We had a great time as you can see from the photos.

All of Russell County can be proud of their favorite son - Todd Wells, who did a great job of providing comic relief for us.

I surprised Gayle Spencer with a kiss at the moment of this picture. Gayle said she thought about kissing me on the cheek, too.

Lynda Bachelor sat by the honoree - Mary Ray. Mary will be spending her time at Washburn University in Topeka this Fall as she starts her Master's degree.

Sue Pray and Monica Parrish are the 'glue' that holds our department together. If we want something, we ask one of them. They know everything there is to know about 'getting things done' at K-State.

Kim Frazier is just starting at Leadership Studies - I am not sure it was a good idea to have her sit by Todd at her first get together. Surely there was a better place for her to sit.

Mary and Jo deserve a special 'shout out' as they delivered a meal to Nancy and me on Tuesday. They even stayed to eat with us! Thanks ladies for the scrumptious meal of salmon, scalloped potatoes, fresh bread, and carrot cake!

You probably recognize Candi Hironaka, but I am sure Ella Todd is new to the blog. Welcome to the big time - Ella!

Last, but not least, Ben Hopper and Mary Tolar. Was the meal really that delightful Mary?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary Kay,
Barb told me this morning of your battle with cancer, and Bob and I want to add our hopes and prayers for your full and complete recovery. I remember well your competitive spirit, and that, plus good medical care, will certainly help fight the disease. We think of you often as we're zipping down I 70 and go past the Dorrance exit. It's hard to believe it's been almost 20 years since you were teaching here in Logan! It's probably been over ten years since you called me and played the KSU fight song after KSU beat KU in football. I guess it became "normal" after awhile. (Guess I should have called you last year, huh?)
I'll keep checking your blog for updates. Say hi to your mom for me.
I believe!
Hang in there!
Sue Jackson

Anonymous said...

Mary Kay,

I think of you often! I will try to call after we are settled in. I am so proud of you for continuing to be honest with yourself through this journey. You continue to help me learn about how I want to live my life.

Take good care my friend.

Love

Adrienne
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mary Kay Just found out about your cancer. Sorry to hear that. None of knows who it will hit next. Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Glad to read your upbeat comments. That will help you a lot. Take care and keep us informed. Talk to you again. Irene Koester