Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We take our jobs seriously, but we don't take ourselves seriously!

I love my job at Leadership Studies and Programs! I returned to the office this week and have absolutely loved it. We have a strong tradition of celebrating EVERYTHING at Leadership Studies - this week was no exception. As you can see from these photos from a 'little get together' with staff, we had fun, fun, fun in celebrating the start of the semester and Candi's completion of her master's degree. We celebrate in the philosophy of Susan Scott - we take our jobs seriously, but we don't take ourselves seriously!! Please view these photos in that spirit.


We like to refer to Candi as the Queen of Care at Leadership Studies. This is Candi's second queenship - her first was as homecoming queen at Oregon State University - that's true.


As with any good celebration, there was dancing! Ben started the dancing by giving swing lessons to Mary. Even though I did not catch it on camera, Ben surprised Mary by flipping her at the end of this dance move!! I am happy to report that Mary's back spasms have subsided.

Heather said NO to the flip, but she was up for a little side swinging. We hope Ben will audition for the TV show 'So you think you can dance.'

Mike gave a 'tip of the hat' to Ben's amazing dance talents.

We had our own version of the Supremes - Susan, Mary, and Heather performed as the Leaderettes.


Gilbert, Sharon (looking the other direction), Olivia, and Dana enjoyed the show, but decided they could not compete with Ben's dancing ability.


Sue and Irma chose to watch from the side - they didn't embarrass or hurt themselves by making that wise decision.

1 comment:

Candi said...

I cannot think of a better way to celebrate this occasion--my LS&P colleagues are also my friends. Thanks for all the fun--and I truly was surprised as well as humbled! This will be a memory I will forever cherish. Heartfelt thanks again for everyone's good wishes!!!

Mary Kay should be an "authentic card greeting writer"--the card she made for me said exactly what I know everyone probably thought as I was working on my master's!