Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to my sister Susan Thielen


Thursday, September 20, is a very special day for my family because it is the birthday of my sister, Susan. I know Susan does not want me to make a big deal of her birthday on my blog, but I have not listened to her up to this point in my life so why start now. This photo is of 'grandma' Susan because she is shown with her grandchildren Anna, Hallie, and Garrett.

Susan is a wonderful sister to me and has ALWAYS been there for me whenever I have needed her. I know that many other people would agree that Susan has been a strong supporter for them as well. There are not enough words for me to adequately describe the impact Susan has had on my life. All I can say is that I love her dearly and am thankful that she is my sister. We all need role models in our lives to teach us some of life's difficult lessons as well as some not-so-difficult ones as well. Susan has certainly taught me how to handle life's challenges with courage and grace as well as a tenacious spirit of never giving up. I wrote about Susan in my July 1 blog, I suggest that you check out that entry to learn more about her. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on the 'older posts' button.

I hope to see you at the party on Sunday!

Love to all,
Mary Kay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am one of Susan's daughter-in-laws and I agree with everything. Additionally, she is a wonderful mother-in-law. I have the privilege of working with her at Wilson Elementary School. She is a fantastic teacher and has a real gift to connect will ALL of her students.

The other title she holds for my family is "Grandma." Anna and Garrett are lucky to have such a great opportunity to spend so much time with her and I'm sure her next grandchild (due in the next 4 weeks) will find her to be such a delight!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!