Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I hope I have turned the corner on recovering from the side effects of my last chemotherapy treatment. Today – Tuesday – was much better than the last two days have been. I was able to keep food down today and I have a little more energy as well. My walk around the neighborhood (actually ½ the regular walk) with Kramer resulted in a few muscle cramps in my calves and some funkiness in my feet. One of the side effects of Taxol can be neuropathy in the hands and feet. My hands definitely feel fine (as proven by my ability to type these entries), but my feet do feel a little unusual. I would not classify it as numbness, but it is certainly a different feeling than I have experienced to this point in treatment. Have I said how happy I am that I do not have to take another treatment in two weeks?

Now on to others – Barbara continues to improve from her surgery last Friday and she MIGHT get out of the hospital on Wednesday. She will probably stay with Nancy and me for a few days since she still has a long way to go in her recovery. We have lots of extra room and would love to have her here for a while. AND why not have two sick people in the house at the same time. Actually, I plan on taking care of Barbara because she has done so much for me during my chemotherapy treatments.

My special ‘shout out’ of the day goes to all who are dealing with their own illness or the illness of a family member or friend. It seems like everyone I talk to has someone who is or has been in the hospital in the last few days. I hope we can get all of this behind us and move to good health!! Anyway, please know that I am thinking of all who are dealing with health issues right now.

I end this entry with the reminder about the Ta Ta to the Ta Ta’s party on Sunday, September 23, at 5:00 pm at our house. I will post more information in the next day or two.

Love to all,
Mary Kay

No comments: