Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Photos from our last day of harvest

Harvest mornings always start by servicing combines and other equipment. This photo was taken on what we thought was the last day of harvest on Sunday, July 13, but when Matt started the combine he felt something did not sound right.

The look on his face says it all - this combine had a bearing going out and it needed a new part. The final few acres of harvest were cut using only one combine so it took an extra day to finish.

The pit crew - Susan and Nancy. They spent lots of hours together during harvest and both teased me more than I deserved.

Our final meal in the harvest field - yes, we did have homemade ice cream for dessert. My mom - the best mom in the world - made her best in the world homemade ice cream for us.
Thanks Mom!

Garrett put a little razzle dazzle on his hamburger.

A harvest version of the last supper

This was my last trip to the truck with the 8650 tractor and grain cart. Nancy rode with me to celebrate the event.

Based on the look on Matt's face I am not sure he believed Mick's story.

Joey decided I (and whoever joined me for the photo) should pose in front of the equipment I drove - the 8650 and the grain cart.

The (green) truck - all pieces of equipment have a special name - such as numbers, colors, or in the case of the service vehicle - the toner, based on the weight of a ton.

And my favorite tractor - the 8400 - because it is comfortable and easy to drive. I also drove the 9600 combine a couple of times, but didn't get a photo of me in it.

No comments: