Friday, July 18, 2008

Retirement party for Kathie and a surprise for me

What a better way to celebrate Kathie's retirement than with good friends and a cherry pie. Of course, the guest of honor Kathie is holding the world's best cherry pie. Standing - Susan, Debbie, Nancy, Carol, Gayle, and Anita. Debbie hosted the party at her house. You guessed it we had delicious and creative foods and drinks to enjoy. Nancy and I did not get home until 12:30, but the fun and frivolity was definitely worth it.

With this group of friends you know a quilt or two will make an appearance. We were all admiring the quilt when they told Nancy and me to read the label.

It was for me!! And it was definitely a surprise. As I read the label to the group, tears formed in my eyes and a tightness swelled in my throat. I was touched and became a little emotional as I read the note on the back of the quilt. Thanks friends for this special gift and thank you for your friendship.

The artists and amazing women - Anita, Kathie, Debbie, and Gayle. I also want to thank Karen who could not be at the party.

Nancy with a wine-a-rita and Debbie's version of bruschetta.

Gayle, Debbie, Kathie, and Anita and their version of a high school prom pose.

Quilters toes

Gayle and a quilt in progress

Kathie

Kathie received a new necklace in honor of her retirement. This is the 50th anniversary of the peace sign.

No comments: