Friday, June 11, 2010

Another busy day at the farm

Nancy is turning in to a cattle woman. We started at 6 a.m. Friday morning in the Holland pasture. Joey, Nancy, Susan and I worked about 100 cows.

Some of the cows and calves

We returned to the porch at 8:30 for breakfast. Matt joined us, he had been fertilizing prior to breakfast. At least that is what he told us.
.
We then worked a 100 heifers in the barn. Sam, Garrett and Anna joined us for this group. Anna likes to let the bottle calves suck on her fingers
.
More of cowgirl Anna

And yet, more of Anna and the calves
.
Two at a time

As Susan drove me to the field, I stopped at the corner of Homer Road and the blacktop to take this photo looking back towards Susan's house. The dark green is actually a field of oats that will be baled in the next week.

Susan and Nancy delivered me a hamburger from the Snack Shack for supper. They look quite comfortable in the car.

My view for most of the day - out the front window of the 4840 tractor. I planted milo after we worked two groups of cows. My day ended around 9:00 pm.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Is this a summer vacation? I thought a vacation was sleeping late and lazy days!!!