Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Day on the Farm

At seven years old, Garrett is contributing to the farm work.

Garrett fed a few bulls that are being kept near the barn because they are fence crawlers. In a few days they will be hauled to the summer pastures.

A smile from Garrett

Brooklyn gets tickled when her daddy Matt rubs her hand on his whiskers.

Hallie and Nancy cleaned the expedition so that Susan could take it to get three halves of meat. I realize that the phrase 'three halves of meat' may sound unusual, but it means that three different people are each getting a half of beef.

Susan cleaned and defrosted the freezer to prepare for the half of beef.

Porch time in the evening - Hallie, let me guess, you were playing in the sand pile and the mud puddles near by?

A 'Dora' band aid from grandma Susan makes anything feel better.

Nancy looks relaxed to me.

Would you believe me if I told you that this ended in a crying child?

Joey spent the evening entering cow data in the nursery - a building that Joe built several years ago to house several calves during a blizzard. It is portable, has heat (no air conditioning as evidenced by the open door) and also houses a small office.

The view from the outside

Brothers Sam and Garrett always find the mud.

Happy Anniversary Joey and Kelly!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh my....how many years is that? Seems like yesterday to me! I think I made one of my "first" quilts for you two! Happy Anniversary!