Monday, June 18, 2007

Big Day on Tuesday

I am not looking forward to Tuesday, June 19. My day starts early with minor surgery to get my port at 6:30 and will end after chemotherapy around 4:00 pm. I hope to be home by 6:00 pm. Then I wait to see how this round of chemo will affect my body.

I had a great weekend with family in Dorrance and Niles. Do you know where Niles is? My sister Deb lives there with her husband Greg. Actually, Niles is the closest town to their farm that is located northeast of Salina. Nancy and I stopped on the way home on Sunday and enjoyed Father's Day supper with Deb and her family. It was our second Father's Day meal of the day. Earlier in the day, we dined with Mom, Susan and family in Dorrance. Let's just say that it was a delicious Father's Day!! The best part of the weekend was spending time with Dad. We took him to the Bear House on Saturday night and he ordered his favorite meal - fried potatoes with onion.

These are two of my friends from Dorrance - Fern Stienle and Joyce Langhofer. I would like to give a special Happy Birthday shout-out to Fern. She brought me (and the rest of the family) brownies on Sunday afternoon. She brought them right out of the oven, so they were still hot when we ate them. Thanks Fern!!

No comments: