Saturday, June 9, 2007

Not What I Wanted With Chemotherapy

I have been in a fog for a couple of days - I guess it is Chemo Brain. I am not having any pain or nausea. I just feel as if I am not all here and that my brain isn't engaging like it should. Now, I know many of you are saying that is what I am like all the time - I do appreciate the humor!!

The question becomes - how do I get my brain back? I have tried walking Kramer and getting fresh air, eating healthy foods, resting, talking with family and friends, sleeping, watching nascar, and surfing the net. So far, nothing has worked, but I am not going to let it stop me from trying. I want my brain back......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wizard of Oz: Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.


Scarecrow: The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain! How can I ever thank you enough?

Wizard of Oz: You can't.


Mary Kay - YOU HAVE A DIPLOMA!!! AND you're already in Kansas, so the rest will sort itself out as you continue to nurture yourself and focus on your healing process.

Love and your supportive family and friends surround you. Our blessings go out to you - as you have blessed our lives in so many ways. You are truly a special woman who not only has the heart of Tin Man, the courage of Lion, but you also will get YOUR BRAIN back in working order.

Hugs and Love