Thursday, June 21, 2007

I am winning the chemotherapy battle


The side-effects of this chemotherapy round have been much more manageable than the first round. I think I have identified the anti-nausea drug that gave me the 'brain fog' of the first treatment and I am NOT taking it this time. I do have a little nausea and a lot of fatigue, but overall, I feel decent. My hair is starting to fall out - I think I will get my head shaved on Friday or Saturday.

It has been about six weeks since I was first diagnosed with breast cancer. Since that time most of my focus has been on testing and getting the treatment started. Now that I have had my second round of chemotherapy and most of my tests, I am starting to see FORWARD now. I can see how to survive during treatment and start to see myself as living with cancer. As I stated in the title of this blog, it is a journey for me. I do not have all of the stops identified on this journey, but I know the starting point and I know the ending point. I just don't know all of the pit stops on the way. That's OK with me, I have always liked spontaneity in my life. So, I look forward (in a crazy way) to the unknowns of this journey.

2 comments:

Candi said...

Hey, MK!!
Your post today is so full of hope and positive thinking. It is a special treat to see you out and about and it makes my day better just to be able to spend a few minutes with you.
I will be happy to chronicle the "mane event" for you, Nancy and Todd, but, girlfriend, I am keeping my locks--I will support you in many other ways!! :)

Deb Feil said...

God Bless You Mary Kay and your attitude full of hope and faith. You are truly a hero and I admire you so much - Hugs!