Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Days Are Here Again

The last two days have been pretty good - my appetite is coming back, my fatigue is not as bad, and, overall, I feel OK. I am not 100%, but I can definitely do good things in the world feeling like this! My next chemo treatment of Adriamycin and Cytoxan is scheduled for Tuesday, June 19th. It will be a busy day as I get my port at 6:30 am, ultrasound of thyroid at 9:00 am, blood work/lab at 10:00 am, see Dr Sharma 11:00 am, and chemo at 12:15. I am not looking forward to next Tuesday, but at least I am now fighting my cancer.

I am going to cancel my appointment with MD Anderson in Houston. Right now I am confident in the treatment I am receiving from Dr. Sharma and Ku Med. And, I really like Dr. Conner, the surgeon who will place my port next week and remove the (remaining) lump in October. I am considering my options for surgery - lumpectomy or mastectomy. I may have a double mastectomy - Off with the bad behaving breasts!!!

My photo of the day is of my Dad, Casey Siefers. I have been thinking of him this week because of Father's Day on Sunday. My plan is to visit him over the weekend at the Wilson Nursing Center in Wilson, Kansas. My dad has battled Parkinson's Disease for the last ten years or so and has lived in the care center for the last two years. He loves visits from his great-grand kids and his favorite grand dog!!

I would like to give a special shout-out to a few friends. Candi Hironaka and Todd Wells have been so good about visiting me since I started chemo. They brighten my days and make me feel better by their ornery sense of humor and , of course, the DQ treats they bring me. I also want to give a shout-out to Susan Scott - she was on schedule tonight for FOMK (friends of Mary Kay) and brought supper. Susan made great mashed potatoes and chicken-fried-chicken - it was eerily similar to the menu at Texas Star! Anyway, thanks friends.

Love to all,
Mary Kay

2 comments:

Candi said...

You brighten up OUR day, MK! We miss seeing you around the leadership house, so we come to the house of MKS, NB and K instead!

Oh, and by the way, you had better pick up that poop, you FB (fun babe)! :)

Anonymous said...

You sound so much better. Sorry we won't get to see you on Father's Day. Will be in eastern Kansas with Mick's dad. Give that ornery Todd Wells a pinch for me. We went river rafting together a longgggggg time ago.

Hang on,
Mick and Co