Monday, June 4, 2007

Twas the Night Before My First Chemotherapy Treatment

I am nervous about tomorrow and chemotherapy. It has been on my mind all day because I am fearful of the side-effects of the treatment. OK, enough of that. I am ready to start treatment!! Let's get this show on the road. I will have a support team with me tomorrow - in addition to Nancy, my sisters Susan and Deb and my niece Jody will be there with me. I am sure we will have a few laughs.

The good part about tomorrow, June 5, is that it is my nephew Matt Thielen's birthday. Matt is the one who had the crazy idea to go fishing at 5:30 am on Memorial Day. Did I mention that we actually caught fish that morning? I will leave it up to your imagination as to who caught the biggest fish. (Hint - as Nancy reeled in her first fish, she said something about having a whale on the line.) Anyway, Happy Birthday Matt!! He already told me that it is a good sign that my first treatment corresponds with his birthday. I hope you are right Matt.

Mary Kay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Kay,
I will be thinking of you, Nancy and the rest of your family as you take another step in your fight against cancer today. You are one of the strongest people I know, so it is clear to me that your cancer doesn't have a chance. Love you!

Alicia

Anonymous said...

Mary Kay, Deb Feil sent me your blog. Just wanted you to know you're in my prayers. I know you'll beat this. It's not in your being to do anything else.

Good luck,
Joyce Fleming
Lucas-Luray