Friday, June 22, 2007

Crew Cut Anyone?


The big news of the day - I now have a short, short hair cut. I love it - it feels so good to run my hand over the short, spiky hair. Verna Lee, my stylist, cut it short (a #2 blade on the clipper, I think) instead of shaving my head. It gives me a new look and I love it!! My hair will probably all fall out in the next few days or weeks, but I wish I had cut it like this before this cancer thing. I chose to do it now because my hair was falling out and getting everywhere - the floor, sheets, shower, sink - everywhere!! Now I have short hair falling on the sheets and I can barely tell my shedding from Kramer's hair.

I want to give a shout-out to Nancy and Candi for being with me during the hair cut. You can see Candi in the photo and Nancy is taking this picture in the mirror. It is so nice to have the support even for a haircut!! Also, I want to thank Verna Lee of Studio 32 in Candlewood Shopping Center for the great haircut.

I am not feeling as well today as I was on Wednesday, I think I got a little ahead of myself on how good I was actually feeling from Tuesday's treatment. My side-effects this time include low-level nausea, significant fatigue, and a general yucky feeling. I have not been able to sleep much, in fact, last night was very difficult with lots of hot flashes and then cold flashes - if there is such a thing as cold flashes. Anyway, I just could not get comfortable enough to get restful sleep. And, of course, I could not find a thing to watch on TV even with all the channels we get. When you're sick, it is just hard to find comfort!! I am sure many of you can relate to that.

Love to all,
Mary Kay

No comments: