Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Busy day on Tuesday

Wow, what a day! I felt good today and had lots of fun with friends. I visited the crew at Leadership Studies this morning- that was nice. I really feel at home there and it was wonderful to laugh with the group. I did not, however, feel the need to go to my office and WORK - imagine that! We did enjoy a LONG lunch at McAlister's Deli, a new restaurant in Manhattan. Thanks to Todd, Candi, Ben, Gayle, Nancy, Bob and Mary for the lunch-time laughs. I had a strong dose of 'Laugher is the Best Medicine' during the longer-than-usual lunch! If I have more lunches like that one, I should be healthy in a week!

The day just continued to get better for me as a wonderful 'country' meal was delivered to our house this evening by Mary and Twig Marston. The meal definitely passed the Russell County test for good food! The menu consisted of a 'Marston shorthorn' roast with potatoes and carrots, gravy, salad, fresh rolls, honey and butter, apple crisp, and fresh flowers!! I just had to include a photo of the spread. And yes, it tasted just as good as it looked.


My special shout-out of the day goes to Mary and Twig for the delicious meal and especially the time they spent visiting with me.





The final surprise of the day was that Jeremy Hinrichs gave me a straw hat to wear at the farm this week. It was just what I needed to keep the sun off my nearly-bald head. I am looking forward to the trip to Dorrance to see family and friends AND to get some much needed TLC from them. Interpretation: I hope they spoil me just like they have done all my life!!

I end this post with a thanks to all who made this a special day for me. My goals of loving and laughing were certainly met today!! I hope that I can GIVE as much as I have been getting from all of you.

One more thing - I swear I saw a wolf-dog in our back yard today!! I am not kidding.

Love to all,
Mary Kay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary Kay

It was great to see you yesterday. Im glad to hear that your day went so well. Im actually really thinking about the whole no. 2 special, even though you fired me yesterday for not disclosing any information.

Brett B